As a geek, we’re bound to have a lot of websites or blogs, blogs or sites for our hobbies, for our professional work, and maybe even a site for a startup where we dream of earning millions someday. Finding a reliable AND affordable Website Hosting provider is key.
As a site owner, it’s crucial to have a reliable host so that your site stays online 24/7. Downtime equates to money (and opportunity) lost. We don’t want that, do we? Now, for starters, what should we look for in finding the best web hosting service?
Here are a few tips:
- Reliability: Be sure to check out if your host is near to most of your target audience. This means that if you’re in the US, the best (and fastest) node, would be (of course) a host with physical servers located in the same country (or continent).
- Technology: Your host should have the latest software and hardware that should meet your requirements. Most are either Windows or Linux based. As a geek, you should already be leaning towards one, yes?
- Speed: There are fast hosts and then there are the slow ones. One of geekzkrieg’s favorite is InMotion Hosting due to its 99.9% reliable uptime. And yep, they are FAST!!! They also have a friendly team of tech support dudes so you can always count on help anytime. (Yep, the help’s fast too. And that’s a good thing!)
- Help: Which brings us to the next topic: finding help. When your site goes down, has a glitch or has the hiccups, it’s important that tech support is within your fingertips. Find a host that offers great 24/7 support and also has toll-free numbers where you can call and get help as soon as possible. Customer service in the hosting industry is always a great measure of success and is one of the criteria which gets them more customers and a free “word-of-mouth” referral.
- Affordability: If you’re not a geek billionaire (yet), you have to watch the cash flow. Finding reasonable rates isn’t a problem. Just check out the many options through Web Hosting Reviews
I guess that’s it for now.
I hope these tips help. We wish you the best and we hope that you find the best Website Hosting service that’s right for your needs and your budget.